Saturday, October 28, 2006

Aghori dreams and Naga Yogis



The iconic three heads represent Shiva as Aghori, Ardhanarishvara (half male-half female God) and Mahayogi (great Yogi). The photo of me is taken at the Elephanta caves in island clusters off Bombay (Mumbai) city, India.

I had a great dharma dream last night about an Agorhi yogi in a charnel ground doing yoga asana on a dead body. It was a pretty far out dream, the yogi was smeared in ash and naked w/ dreadlocks. I wasn't too scared, but kind of awestruck like our cat Shanti seeing snow for the first time. The dream was probably a result of listening to Alan Watts give a talk on Hinduism on cd last night prior to going to sleep. He spoke of how in India everything is crumbling, falling apart, and yet still bursting with life, and how the Hindu sees life as a drama, nothing is permanent, but that is the beauty, because it gives special meaning to life and not holding on, but letting go, pretty cool and then I fell asleep to dreams of an Agorhi Naga Yogi!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a dream of many aghori babas in a tunnel where there was a huge statue of Lord shiva meditating and they threw blood on my face as i got in. I wasn't of it but i don't know what this dream menas

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home