Monday, November 06, 2006

pilfer, paradox, and probot


I went to Denver to attend satsang and go the the huge 5 or 6 floor library, and explore the city this weekend and was reading a book about Vipassana meditation on the bus ride down from Denver, when after reading for about 45 minutes, took a break and put on headphones to listen to a mix cd and as getting off continuted to listen to Probot, Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters frontman and former Nirvana drummer, band Probot featuring him on drums and various frontman for the record including Lemmy of Motorhead fame, well I was listening to the Probot song "Shake Your Blood" and left my shoulder bag on the bus, I kept my main backpack though. The shoulder bag featured scrap recipts of numerous natural food stores with stuff written on them, some Merry Hempsters Lip Balm, a notebook, some natural European liquid breath drops, and some flavored prophylactics. Thanks Lemmy!! I guess it is good to practice of apigraha, the fifth yama, is the non-accumulation of worldly objects, caused by covetousness and attachment.

"Shake Your Blood"

Looking for relief in your miserable life
You need some rock and roll
And you better get it right
Got to roll them bones,
Do everything they say
If you're cool, you're the fool.
Make it work everyday.

Rock out, make it quick
My, my, my, let it rip
Rock out, feeling good.
Break your heart. Shake your blood.

Out upon the stage, crowd is going wild,
Love to see them women, babe
I ain't in denial.
Make you crazy too. Make you show it out.
Feeling good, get some wood
You should, You knew you could

Rock out, do it now
My, my, my, show me how
Rock out, make it good.
Break your heart. Shake your blood

Want to be a winner, want to be the man.
Want to drive yourself insane,
Join up with the band
Want to fall in love, want to make your mark
Want to get out in the storm, want to break
A thousand hearts

Rock out, strike it rich
My, my, my, it's a bitch
Rock out, I knew you could
Break your heart. Shake your blood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home